$450.00 pp – 9:00 am – 12:00 Held at the Angostura Compound, San Juan, Trinidad & Tobago
Workshop Abstract: The presentation will open with a discussion about the core steps of the PROACT Investigation Management System. The workshop leader will then delve into the criteria defining a ‘thorough and credible’ RCA. A contrast will be made between the pros and cons of the most common RCA graphical expressions (5-Whys, Fishbone Diagrams, Logic Trees). Attendees will participate in the analysis of a basic case study, which will then be applied to the most common RCA expressions. This will allow attendees to understand why some analytical tools are more comprehensive than others, and when each should be applied. This session will provide the attendee a quality control checklist to use, to evaluate RCA presentations that are given to them. The workshop will conclude with how to make an ROI business case for an RCA, so these expectations can be set for those analysts in the field.
1. Learn the core principles of the PROACT Investigation Management System
2. Understand the technical pro’s and cons’ of the most common RCA graphical tree expressions (5-Whys, Fishbone & Logic Trees)
3. Participate in applying a common, basic case study to the three (3) RCA tree structures described
4. Learn how to evaluate RCA’s presentations made to them using an RCA QA/QC checklist
5. Create leading and lagging metrics to measure the effectiveness of their RCA effort
6. Make an RCA business case to determine ROI’s for analyses and the RCA effort